Thursday, September 10, 2015

Mommy Instincts

Eve Believe,

Yesterday I went to visit my friend who had the baby I asked you to look after. The first time I saw her and held her I felt very encouraged and hopeful about having my rainbow baby. This time I did something amazing! 

I guess Em is cranky in the afternoon and  has been fighting going to sleep. I don't have much experience with that so when I held her and she was fussy, I wasn't 100 percent on what I should do. 

I gave her the pacifier and after awhile she would fuss. I tried to put her in different positions which worked for a little until she fussed again. I was feeling like a failure. Babies are pretty simple, they eat, sleep, and poop, and I couldn't figure out how to make this one happy.  She started to cry.  I turned to my friend and say, "I don't know what to do." 

She said she'd go to the bathroom and take her when she came back. That's when it happened Eve Believe! My mommy instincts kicked in! I knew what to do!  I took her blanket and wrapped it around her and held her tight, next to my chest. Sure enough she stopped and  fell asleep. My friend came out to a quiets room. I did it! I was so proud of myself. I had one of those mommy instinct moments that remind me I am still a mom and will be a great one to my rainbow baby! 

Of course, once I had her sleeping and cozy, I had to use the bathroom. So I gave her back to her mom and went. The best part was she stayed asleep too. I got Em to fall asleep and stay asleep, at least for a little while. 

I love you and miss you every day!  

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment