Monday, September 7, 2015

Stare

Dear Genevieve,

I often find myself staring at your picture. I stare at you and I see parts of me. The curves of your lips match mine. You have a cute little button nose and my round face. You're so beautiful. I stare at your picture and ponder at how I made someone so perfect. You are so perfect. God decided to keep you because of how perfect you are. 

I so wish I could hold you and cuddle you. Instead I hold my Genevieve bear. She's perfect too. She's pink and has teacups on her belly to represent your Alice in Wonderland nursery theme. She weighs as much as you did. 6 lbs 6 oz. when I especially miss you, I hold her and it brings me some comfort. I put one of your headbands on her. It was nice to put one of those on her, but as I wrapped it around her head I couldn't help but feel a pang that said it should be your head. 

I think I'll always feel that way. 

Someone on a support board asked how we envision our babies in heaven. I imagine you're with my Grandma Muggy and my Aunt Darlene. I imagine they are holding you and showing you love. I imagine you watching Dinosaurs with us and Grandma Muggy since I watched it with her too. I used to play store with my Aunt Darlene so I imagine you doing that too. I imagine you are playing with baby Patricia. 

I'm hoping time passes differently there. I hope you blink your eyes and I'm there.  I wonder if the past present and future mingle together in one continuous stream. I certainly hope you don't feel the passage of time as I do. It seems to drag on and the idea of the next 50+ years without you seems so unbareable at times. I don't want you to feel the wait for me to finally arrive. I want you to turn around to look back at me and I'm there to hold you. 

As I stare at you, I'll hold you hand, kiss your checks and tell you I'm finally home. 

I love you and miss you always. 

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment