Wednesday, February 26, 2020

It’s been over a year

Dear Genevieve, 

The last year and a half has been very turbulent. We faced multiple failed IVF cycles, and I even went through medically induced menopause. It was not fun by any means. 

All of the heartbreak and disappointment has opened our hearts to embryo adoption.  Couples who have embryos they will not use can be donated to couples like us.  I found out a couple of days ago we have a potential embryo and there may be a second one. I’m really excited about it and I’m so hopeful this will work out.  I am going to write a letter to the genetic parents to let them know. Our story and how much love we have to give our future baby. 

The past 5 years, I’ve struggled with depression big time. However, I have decided year 33 is going to be the best year, and I’m trying my darnest to make it happen.  Your dad and I have been noticing all the little signs you’ve sent us. We miss you and love you so much. 

Love always,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment