Saturday, February 29, 2020

The Letter

Dear Genevieve, 

I offered to write a letter to the couple who was unsure if they want to donate their embryos. I figured I would pour my heart out and it would come together, but that wasn’t exactly how it came out. 

First, I wrote about our journey to parenthood, but then I thought would this freak them out? Would they assume I would just have another stillbirth? I know there was nothing I could have done to change the outcome, but would they get it?

I wrote about your dad and myself. I wrote about our careers and hopes and dreams. Then, I wrote a letter to future children, where I poured my heart out.  None of it seemed right. 

I’m at a loss. How do I tell someone, “Hey those embryos you have stored in the freezer you plan on never using, I want them. Gimme.” ? I am not sure where to start, but in the end I want a baby to take home. Your dad and I would be really good parents, and hope against all odds that we get to accomplish that. 

Love you always,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment