Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas

I'm really glad Christmas is over. I can't even say I was being a grinch because my heart did not grow two sizes at the end. 

I wish people would realize that sending us cards of children after loosing our baby, isn't helpful. It's a painful reminder that my arms are bare and my heart empty. I can't look on Facebook any more for fear I may see babies in their first Christmas clothes or other children opening gifts. It's just not the same this year. 

My mother in law sent us a card with "all" of the grandchildren in it. Of course my daughter was missing. When asked about it, she said we would have been mad at her if we didn't get one. I didn't realize part of the grieving process was to quiz people about what they received in their Christmas cards. I have two issues with her card/picture besides how incredibly insensitive it is. One her or my father in law were no where in the picture so why are they sending us a picture of her grandchildren? Two, that's what parents are supposed to do with their Christmas cards. My grandparents never sent pictures of their grand kids, that's what my mom did. 

The grief counselor said my anger is starting to come through which I guess is a step towards healing. I'm just glad Christmas is over and I can take down the tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment