Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter

Dear Genevieve Pearl,

On Friday, you would have been 4 months old. Of course I forgot on the day and so I feel like a terrible mother. In some ways, I think you would have preferred I forgot the months. I know you want nothing but happiness for me, just as I want the same for you. 

Today is Easter and I so would have put bunny ears on you. I would have made you a ridiculously large Easter basket that you wouldn't have appreciated and painted Easter eggs that you probably wouldn't be able to hold. I'm not sure what you can do at four months and I haven't looked it up because I know it will only bring me pain to do so.  We would have had a wonderful Easter.  Instead I will be spending it working in the garden and watching Alice in Wonderland. 

I saw you today. I went out to water the garden and there you were. I don't recalling seeing the little flowers yesterday when I watered the plants. I know it was you. You knew I needed a little reminder that we are never truly apart and there it was, in the form of tiny white flowers. Thank you. 

I hope you have a wonderful Easter with Jesus. Give Grandma Muggy and Aunt Darlene a hug and a kiss. I love you and miss you always. 

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment