Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Dentist

Dear Genevieve,

Today I have to go to the dentist. I am not fond of the dentist. When you go to the dentist, they have you sit in this chair they lean back, you open your mouth uncomfortably wide, and they shine a bright light in your face.  Then they get out all their torture equipment. 

I have to get a cleaning today. The hygentist pokes and prods at your gums and teeth, and gives you a lecture on the importance of flossing. I always end up bleeding from being poked with sharp, metal objects. I usually always have cavities too. It doesn't matter how much I brush, I always end up having them. We come from a family of weak teeth. Soon, I'll be the only person in my immediate family with teeth. 

I dread going to the dentist because there's always some amount of pain involved. After all the torture devices are put away, I leave with a sore jaw from having my mouth open for a ridiculously long time. I'd much rather be in labor than go to the dentist. 

Post Dentist Update: I talked about you at my cleaning today. My gums were sensitive so I have special toothpaste to help with that. The best news though was: no cavities!! Neither your dad or I had cavities! I now don't have to go to the dentist for another six months!! 

I love you and miss you always. 

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment