Monday, January 12, 2015

Due date

Dear Eve Believe,

Today is your due date. Today is the day I hoped you were born. I imagined holding you on my chest and looking into your eyes and knowing you were my whole world. That isn't going to happen today. 

Today I went to the dentist. He filled two small cavities and fixed my crown. It's a mundane Monday. It isn't filled with joy or happiness. It's just ordinary. 

I went to the school today to drop off my doctor's note that says I can return to work on Tuesday. I saw a pregnant teacher there, and my heart was filled with sadness from missing you.  I know you're with me always, but it is incredibly difficult being a mommy to a baby you can't see. 

My feeble attempts to be strong are just for you. I want to be the mom and person you would want me to be. I love you and will miss you always. 

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment