Sunday, January 18, 2015

Idiots

Dear Genevieve,

If you were little and called someone the name of this post, I would tell you it isn't nice to call people names.  If you were older, you would learn that some people earn those names. 

The stupid things people say to a grieving mother should be a crime. One of phrases that sets me off is "god has a plan."  I'm not interested in any plan that does not have you in my arms. Maybe you can see the bigger picture, but I cannot. I'm very angry and upset that this is the way I have to mother you. It was supposed to be a few years before you were smarter than me. Now you are all-knowing because you are on the other side, and I am here stuck without any knowledge as to why you are not on this side with me. 

A "friend" send me a message and she included that god has a plan for me. I kindly directed her to an article I posted about things to not say to breheaved parents. One of those includes telling a parent that god has a plan. She then tries to give me an example of how gods plan helped her family. It must be nice to have things work out. I tried to explain how while what her mother and sister went through with a miscarriage was difficult, it wasn't the same as giving birth to you. My "friend" then tried to say that she knew what I was going through because she watched her sister miscarry her baby. I think my "friend" likes the taste of sneakers in her mouth. 

As much as I want to tell her off, I'm not going to respond. She doesn't get it and she doesn't want to get it. It's easier for her to go through life with blinders on than actual see that sometimes life is horrific and "god's plan" is terrible. I wish I could have those blinders on too, but unfortunately mine have been ripped off and set on fire. 

You are lucky that you never have to go through someone hurting your feelings because she was mean or being misunderstood or having your heart broken. It's so unfair that you can watch over me and I cannot see you. I look forward to the day I am with you. I love you and I miss you. 

Love, 
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment