Saturday, January 31, 2015

Hero

Dear Eve Believe,

Genevieve means "woman of the people" and the patron saint of Paris is St. Genevieve. She told the people to stand strong against the Huns' attack instead of fleeing their homes. She also did a lot of work with women. You weren't named after that saint, you were named after my Grandma Muggy. She was an amazing grandma to me.  I always knew you would be great. I just didn't know how. 

I can't say I'm too shocked that you saved your daddy's life. If it weren't for you, we would not know that your daddy has hemochromatosis because we wouldn't have done the DNA sequencing. However, because we know he has this disease, he can get treatment for it and live a long and healthy life. The treatment for it is donating blood. 

I told your daddy I would donate blood too. I've wanted to before, but I was scared. You gave me the strength to do it.

 Both you and I have O- blood so we are universal donors and everyone can have our blood. Because we will be donating blood regularly, you will be saving lives.  

I always knew you would be amazing, and I was excited to see your impact on the world. Even though you aren't here physically, you are still saving people and improving lives like I always knew you would. I'm at awe of how wonderful you are and I am such a proud momma. You are my little hero. 

I love you and miss you always. 

Love,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment