Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Newsies

Dear Genevieve,

I missed you today a lot. I looked forward to having a miniature me. I wanted to kiss your little nose and pinch your little cheeks (lightly of course). I wanted to hold you in my arms and get lost in your face. I figured you'd be stubborn and feisty like your mommy.  You were going to be a total daddy's girl.  You'd stick up for yourself and try to do what's right. I had so many hopes and dreams for you. 

I saw Newsies the musical today. It was based on my favorite movie. I used to watch that movie all the time when I was younger. I probably would have made you watch it too. I knew all the songs by heart. I am disappointed it strayed from the movie. Jack Kelly was your mommy's first love. I was a weirdo and wanted him painted on my wall, but your aunt would never do it for me. It was sad. 

It makes me sad you won't have a first love or watch movies with me. I guess it's good you'll never have your heart broken either.  Not like I have. Losing you is, by far, the worse thing to ever happen to me. I love you and miss you always. 

Love, 

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment