Thursday, December 10, 2015

Day 10- Words

Words can do so much. Words can be helpful or hurtful. They can help heal you or cut through you like a sword. They can be absent. Since loosing our Eve Believe, many words have been spoken, and for every word spoken, I am sure there are 100 words that have not. 

It's hard to know what to say to someone who loses a child. It's hard to know what to say to someone whose had a stillbirth. I've experienced something horrific. It wasn't just that my daughter died and she magically appeared outside my body, I had to give birth to her. My milk came in and we closed the door to her nursery because it was too hard to see. I understand why it would be difficult to find the right words to say to me. The trick is to know that there aren't any "right" words. That's not to say there aren't any wrong words because there are definitely wrong words to say. The words I like to hear are that you are thinking of Genevieve. My especially favorite words to hear is how she's impacted your life for the better. 

I've written some words too. My words are how I imagine Genevieve would have been here on earth. The last word is still my absolute truth




No comments:

Post a Comment