Thursday, December 10, 2015

Day 18- Seasons & Symbols


I've been dreading this topic, mostly because I wasn't sure what to write. I'm going to probably ramble on until I figure where I'm going with it all. 

Seasons- I'm dreading Thanksgiving and Christmastime. The weekend before Thanksgiving, I had my baby shower. I was given this angel ornament by someone who made a big deal that she got my daughter her first ornament. Never mind, that I was still trying to decide what ornament I was going to get as Eve's first ornament. Or that I was the mom and Jake was the dad, and all of these "firsts" we're for us to get or do. This person only cared that she was getting her "first" ornament and gave us the angel ornament for Genevieve's first ornament. Well a couple of weeks later, Genevieve became an angel. I know logically that the one didn't cause the other, but emotionally it still hurts. It still makes me angry. I still think that person is terrible. 

Symbols- I will still be getting my sweet girl ornaments every year. When I look at the tree each year, I'll see little symbols to remind me she's still with us. And no, that angel ornament will never be put on the tree. 

Signs- okay so this isn't one, but I wish this was in place of symbols because there isn't just one thing that Genevieve does to show me she's with me. She sometimes sets off electronics, but mostly she shows me the beauty in things. She leads us places we wouldn't have gone before. It causes me to love her even more.

Chrissie Rickmon's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment